Today I have a quick breakfast recipe that will start your day on an indulgent note: Lemon Blueberry French Toast.
When was the last time you had French Toast? For me, it was just about the same time that I stopped sleeping in – 3 years ago. Life before kids can seem so distant but at least I can still enjoy some delicious french toast. The best part of having french toast these days, my kids prefer to eat bacon and regular toast so I have this ALL TO MYSELF!
Quick Breakfast Recipe: Lemon Blueberry
Stuffed French Toast
- 1 ½ C blueberries
- ¼ C coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1 lemon-its zest and juice
- 1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 C milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon-optional
- 1 tub cool whip
- 1 block cream cheese
Directions for this Quick Breakfast Recipe
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in an 8X8 dish.
- Once combined soak thee cinnamon raisin bread into the milk mixture and then add them onto a warm skillet.
- Cook both sides until they are a golden brown.
- Once all of the bread is cooked begin to make the filling.
The filling is the most important and tastiest part of this french toast recipe. If you want to save a bit of time, maybe prep it the night before.
- In a medium sized bowl add in soft cream cheese and mix with electric mixture until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the tub of cool whip and mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add filling between 2 slices of French toast.
- *you can also add a little on top of the French toast for extra creaminess.
Lemon Blueberry Glaze Directions
- In a sauce pan add in the blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until blueberries have softened and mixture has thickened up. Serve over stuffed French toast.
Before you go
Have you grabbed our Saner Mom Guide?